Saturday 29 December 2012

Goodbye 2012, hello 2013

Well my Golly Gosh, the end of 2012 is knocking on our door and it is time to take a look back on the year and see if I managed to achieve my goals that I set out for myself. You can find these here. So here it is 

My main Goal for this year was to get better with my money, this one is a bit of a tricky one. See I really tried hard and whilst I stopped spending money on shit that I didn't need, I continued to be generous with my money and I have realised that this is where the majority of my cash goes. So Maybe for 2013  I need to cut down on being nice (Legit I haven't bought any new kicks in the 6 months that I have been in Melbourne. This is a monetary achievement!!!!!!). I have come to the end of 2012 poorer than I was at the start but if I look back at to what I have achieved and where I am now I guess that's not such a bad thing. And with my new job I am on track to be making all of the monies to buy all of the things



Next on my Agenda was becoming a Better Friend. I guess this is one that I cant actually judge myself and you would need to ask my friends but I am going to say that I achieved this one as well. I left my home state mid year and had to start the road of making new friends again. I will admit that a fair few of my friends dropped off the face of the planet when I moved, I guess it is very much out of sight out of mind. I have tried very hard to keep in contact with people though and have tried as hard as I could to let people know that I am thinking about them and that they mean something to me. This isn't always the easiest thing to do but I am trying. I am of a strong belief now that to have better friends you need to be a better friend. I am now laughing at the people that complain about all their friends being "shit mates" because I look at the way they treat their friends and I am not surprised. Atleast I have come to the end of 2012 being sure in myself that I have made the effort 



I didn't really achieve one of my goals and that was to keep my opinions to myself. Sure I tried and I tried very hard BUT I guess I am just not good at being quiet. I have redirected the way that I give my opinion though, I normally start the sentence with "Would you like to hear the way that I see  it?". Possibly giving my opinion though is not a bad thing and people may actually value it. I have people asking me for my view on situations all the time so while maybe I didn't achieve it this may not be such a bad thing. 



There is a word that most guys are scared of and I will admit that I am scared of this word as well and that word is commitment. One of my goals for 2012 was to Commit to what ever it was that I was doing, to make up my mind of something and run with it. Well this one gets a big giant Yes tick for achievement. I sit on my couch in Melbourne writing this blog with a smile on my face because I actually stuck to something. I made the decision to move here and had said that I would give it a go until atleast Christmas before I made up my mind on staying here, we are now past Christmas and I cant see myself going home any time soon. It took a lot of courage to come here and stay here but I committed and conquered, all of the in between now seems irrelevant 




So am I happy with 2012? well I guess the answer to that one is yes, I committed, I grew, I loved, I lost and I came through the other side of it feeling good about myself and the things that I had achieved. 2012 was some what of a selfish year for me, I put myself first and didn't try and get affected by what was going on with everyone else or let the way that they saw things change my direction in life. I have come to this point with probably less friends than I started the year with but I am ok with this because the friends that I have are actually true friends and don't forget me even if I am not around all the time. I may not be rich but I am starting to become successful, I have changed states and changed careers and my life is on a new path, so yeah 2012 was pretty awesome and gosh darn I am looking forward to 2013 because I have a feeling its going to be amazing 




Love and Commitment 

Miss K 

P.S I had a bit of a giggle when I read back over my post from the start of the year, in it I mentioned adventures with Bearded Men and there was infact a bearded man that helped with my success in 2012, I owe him more than he probably realises. He showed me love and how I deserved to be treated and he made a hard decision that enabled me to get to where I am now. I will always thank him for ending our relationship because if he didn't I would most likely be back in Perth and not living my life the way that I should. So to my bearded green eyes man, I Thank You from the bottom of my heart. 






No comments:

Post a Comment